Developer and publisher Crytek has released the newest Hunt: Showdown update 1.4 bringing new legendaries, equipment, and more.
The latest patch 1.4 has been rolled out on June 9th marking the addition of new contents in Hunt: Showdown. The main highlights of the update are the introduction of new legendary weapons, new Poison Trip Mine tool, and changes in damage effects.
In addition, Hunt Showdown version 1.4 also includes general updates such as gunplay, audio, and visuals. The developer also adds under the hood stability improvements. To know more about this update, feel free to check the detailed changelog below.
Hunt: Showdown Update 1.4 Patch Notes
Different Intensities for Damage Effects
- Fire damage can now cause different effects related to burning.
- Light Fire Damage
- Scorches health chunks lightly.
- Does not cause burning on hunters automatically.
- Can cause or increase burning on hunters when dealt repeatedly over a short amount of time.
- Medium Fire Damage
- Medium Burning is equal to what players are used to from before this update.
- Scorches health chunks.
- Causes Medium Burning on Hunters.
- Deals fire damage over time.
- Takes 4 seconds to stop.
- Will escalate into Intense Burning when not stopped in time.
- Indicated by a small flame on the health bar.
- Intense Fire Damage
- Intense Burning is 50% stronger than Medium Burning.
- Scorches health chunks severely.
- Can destroy a small health chunk instantly.
- Causes Intense Burning on Hunters.
- Deals severe fire damage over time.
- Takes 6 seconds to stop.
- Indicated by a large flame on the health bar.
- Scorched health chunks now regenerate twice as fast than before.
- Scorching over time from burning stacks with scorching from received fire damage attacks.
- AI does not feature different intensities when burning.
- Dead hunters are in the Medium Burning state which burns as fast as before this update.
- Rending damage can now cause three different intensities of bleeding on hunters
- Light BleedingLight Bleeding is 50% weaker than Medium Bleeding.
- Caused by light rending damage directly.
- Deals minor damage over time.
- Takes 2 seconds to stop.
- Indicated by one blood drop on the health bar.
- Medium Bleeding
- Medium Bleeding is equal to what players are used to from before this Update.
- Caused by medium rending damage directly.
- Can escalate from light bleeding by consecutive rending attacks.
- Deals moderate damage over time.
- Takes 4 seconds to stop.
- Indicated by two blood drops on the health bar.
- Intense Bleeding
- Intense Bleeding is 50% stronger than Medium Bleeding.
- Caused by intense rending damage directly.
- Can escalate from medium bleeding by consecutive rending attacks.
- Deals severe damage over time.
- Takes 6 seconds to stop.
- Indicated by three blood drops on the health bar.
- Bleeding intensity will not increase on its own.
- Bleeding will last until stopped by the player.
- The poison effect no longer has a fixed duration.
- Instead, it can range from 0 to 20 seconds, depending on
- ……how long the hunter had been exposed to a poison cloud.
- …the poison intensity of the damage received.
- Poison intensity will decrease over time when no poison damage is received.
- The screen and audio effects that obstruct the player’s vision and hearing now have three intensities, that indicate the duration of the remaining effect.
- Light – when the remaining effect duration is between 0 and 5 seconds.
- Medium – when the remaining effect duration is between 5 and 15 seconds.
- Intense – when the remaining effect duration is between 15 and 20 seconds.
New Tool Added: Poison Trip Mine
- Comes in packs of 2.
- The Poison Trip Mine is part of the “Poison” unlock tree and has been added as the last item in that category.
New Trait Added: Serpent
- Available for 4 Upgrade points.
- Available at Bloodline Rank 28.
- Using Dark Sight, interact with nearby Clues, Rifts, and abandoned Bounty from a safe distance.
- Allows players to look at Clues, Rifts and Bounty in Dark Sight to start an interaction over distance.
- The interaction range is 25 meters.
- The duration is 10 seconds.
New Legendary Content
- Nitro Express Rifle
- Description: “The deadliest rifle, named for the deadliest snake. This Nitro Express has a vicious bite and can take down the largest foes with ease.”
- Caldwell Uppercut
- Description: “Forged by a scrappy fighter using what he had to hand, this Caldwell Conversion Uppercut is forged from Kamacite, an alloy of iron and nickel, found in a meteor that caused an ancient and unspeakable calamity.”
Tooth and Claw
- Martini Henry IC1 Riposte
- Description: “The law of the jungle dictates that only the fittest survive. This Martini Henry ICI Riposte gives its owner an edge. Beloved by a hunter who loves to take a risk – and still come out on top.”
- Winfield M1873 Talon
- Description: “One shot from this Winfield M1873 Talon will take your breath away – permanently. Designed by Corwin Stedman, a runner up in our 2nd-anniversary weapon skin contest.”
- Caldwell Rival 78 Handcannon
- Description: “With hide tough as armor and gruesome, rusty teeth, this Caldwell Rival 78 Handcannon’s bite is as fearsome as that of its namesake. Designed by Seven-D, a runner up in our 2nd-anniversary weapon skin contest.”
- Legendary Hunter
- Description: “Accomplices to the devil, stealers of souls, and an ill omen – cats have long been associated with dark magic, and Nika Felis bears the skull of one feline adversary on her head as a warning to others that she has capabilities as powerful – and as dangerous. Rumored to be a shapeshifter and a colleague of Doctor John.”