Obsolete – Complete Achievement Guide
This guide will cover how to obtain all achievements in Obsolete. There’s a total of 6 achievements in the game and here’s how you can get them all.
Before we get started, please note that this guide may contain spoilers.
Obsolete Achievement Guide
- Discover the village
- Unmissable achievement. Simply reach level 5 (the village) and then stand underneath the Hero statue in the center of the village.
The end ?
- Finish the game
- Also unmissable. A casual playthrough should take you between 40-60 minutes to reach the end.
- Finish the game in one go without dying
- This one is self-explanatory. Select level 1 in the menu and then play through the whole game without dying.
- Get 5 notes
- This achievement requires that you collect the 5 notes scattered throughout the game. Most are very easy to find (almost unmissable), while others require a little more exploring. Below are the locations of all 5 notes in Obsolete.
Level 3: Close to the beginning, towards the top right area of the level. After you locate the first movable block in the level, simply jump onto the platform to the left and enter the house. Note 2 is found inside.
Level 5: Once you arrive at the village, enter the first house.
Level 7: Towards the end of the level, you will find a house to the right and an arrow sign pointing to the left. Follow the arrow to the left to find a house with the note 4 inside it.
Level 9: Towards the end of the level you will notice an indentation in the wall close to where the cannons are. Enter the crack (don’t hold the jump button, just tap it) and follow the path to find a secret house with note 5.
- To unlock this achievement, you will have to find the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse… or rather, the 4 hidden characters. Below is where you can find the 4 horsemen.
Level 2: Towards the end of the level, you will find a monument to the left side of the screen that says: “Deep down, the truths must be found…” This is actually a hint. Jump down the hole to the right of the monument to find the first secret character.
Level 5: Towards the end of the level, after you exit the segment inside the house, do not enter the level exit door. Instead, jump into the indentation in the wall. Follow the path to find secret character 2!
Level 7: At the end of the level, do not enter the door leading to the end of the level. Instead, keep running right and blindly jump off the ledge – you will land on a springboard.
Follow the path, enter the house and find secret character number 3!
Level 8: After you enter the house and go underground, you will find an indentation in the wall right after the first section with cannons. Follow the path to find the last secret character.
Not a stranger
- Once you have found all the hidden secret characters (see details above under the Searcher achievement), go back to level 5 and enter the second house. Once inside the house enter the door to the right instead of dropping down.
Press the buttons in ascending order of level in which the symbols/characters were found: 2, 4, 1, 3
Enter the door and follow the path until the end, where you can pick up the final note (this should trigger the achievement):
“This corruption appeared without anyone knowing why some tried to find a way to remedy it without success. There is however a solution, but for the moment inaccessible. It is far too early.”
And that’s all for this Obsolete achievement guide.