Niantic has announced a new Pokemon GO event called Friend Fest Event featuring in-game bonuses, new field research tasks, and more.
Pokemon GO Friend Fest Event will be available starting from November 27th at 1:00 PM (PST) to December 2nd at 1:00 PM (PST). During the event period, Pokemon GO trainers will be able to experience the following features:
- 1/2 Stardust trade cost
- You can make two special trades per day
- Attack boost when you raid with friends
In addition, family-themed Pokemon like Nidoran (male), Nidoran (female), their evolutions, and more Pokemon are expected to frequently appear in the wild. With the spawn rate increase, expect to see shiny forms of mentioned Pokemon above.
Friend Fest Event Field Research Task
Similar to the previous Pokemon GO events, Niantic has also prepared a brand new Field Research Tasks that trainers need to complete. Below is the list of the tasks and their rewards.
- Catch a Nidoran (Male)
- Reward: Nidoran (Female) *
- Catch a Nidoran (Female)
- Reward: Nidoran (Male) *
- Trade a Pokemon with a friend
- Rewards: Nidorina and Nidorino
- Make 3 new friends
- Rewards: Nidoqueen and Nidoking
- Win a Trainer Battle against another trainer
- Rewards: Dodrio and Dugtrio
Apart from the Friend Fest Event, players will now be able to catch the Legendary Terrakion after defeating it from Raid Battles.