Sea of Solitude Achievement Guide
This guide will be covering the steps on how you can get the 100% achievements in Sea of Solitude. If you’re one of the players planning to obtain all Sea of Solitude achievements, this guide is right for you.
Before we continue, please note that this guide may contain spoilers of the game. You can search for a specific achievement by simply using the Ctrl+F key combo. Continue reading at your own risk.
Sea of Solitude Achievement Guide
Story Related Achievements
Those achievements are automatically unlocked by progressing with the main story, so just play the game and don’t bother much about them because none can be missed.
Fire! – Fired the first flare
Connected – Connect with mirror Kay for the first time
School’s out – Made it through school
Moses – Opened a path through water
Sunny – Finished Level 1
Lonely at the top – Reached top of the Skyscraper
Mama and Papa – Finished Level 2
Breakdown – Finished Level 3
Resolve – Finished the game
Collectibles Related Achievements
There are two types of collectibles in the game, one being 39 message bottles to collect on top of the buildings and the other being about shooing 32 seagulls once close to them. If you miss any during the first playthrough, you can always go back to any chapter from the main menu and continue the search. The 4 achievements related to this are the following:
Uncorked – Collected your first Message in a bottle
Bottled – Collected all bottles
Shoo! – Shooed your first Seagull
Flock of Seagulls – Shooed all Seagulls
- Feel free to check this video for the full guide.
Deep Dive – Jumped headfirst into the water from a high point
- During the main story in Chapter 1 ” Calming Down” section, you will find yourself on top of a high building and all you have to do is jumping into the water from there. The exact location is this:
Comfy – Respawned on couch in Skyscraper
- During Chapter 6 “The Depths” section, follow the path for the main story and at some point you will drop into an area with two chairs. Kay will make a remark about the furniture, saying that it looks like her father’s office. At this point, jump down down the window to your left and you’ll respawn on the chair, unlocking the achievement.
Raver – Got grabbed by waterhands 10 times
- During chapter 3 “Train Station” section right after you start, follow the stairs going down to your right and jump inside the water. Keep dieing there for 10 times.
Seeker – Fired 30 flares
- All you have to do is spam “Q” for 30 times in order to cast those white balls showing you the way to go.
Human Bait – Eaten by Whale 20 times
- Anytime during the game, let the sea monster eating you for 20 times.
Mermaid – Swam a very long distance
- Probably the most boring achievement, you have to swim around for about 20 minutes to get this achievement. Do it in calm waters without the monster around and maybe around the end of the game when you already collected most of this time by playing normally.
Runaway – Travelled very far by foot
- Given by just walking around during the game, you’ll get this by playing normally.
Sailor – Travelled a long distance by boat
- Given by just driving the boat around during the game, you’ll get this by playing normally.
Danger Swimmer – Swam a long distance while Whale was around
- I’m not exactly sure for how long you have to swim with the monster around for getting this, but I finished the game and I loaded back the beggining of Chapter 6 “The Depths” and the moment I jumped into the water inside the building the achievement popped up. The monster cannot catch you there. Another place to try this is in Chapter 3 “Dangerous Waters”, there is a place behind the spawn where you can’t get eaten.
And that’s all for this Sea of Solitude achievement guide. Do you have any suggestion? Feel free to leave a comment below.