iRacing video game developer has released a new update for the Season 2 of the game. The new update was released on Tuesday, May 12th, which aims to fix and update some of the imbalances in the game.
As seen in the release notes, iRacing Season 2 patch 8 makes some minor changes in cars and track. Audi RS 3 LMS and Dirt Midget has received a minor update in iRacing. New racing track, North Wilkesboro Speedway, has also been added in the game. You can find the detailed changes of this patch 8 hotfix 2 below. Meanwhile, you can also check the previous update changelog from here.
iRacing 2020 Season 2 Patch 8 Hotfix 2
Audi RS 3 LMS
- Vehicle branding has been updated.
- Some paint patterns have been adjusted.
- New track added: North Wilkesboro Speedway, an asphalt oval, has been added to the digital landscape of iRacing!
- The dream of North Wilkesboro Speedway began in the mid-1940s, when Enoch Staley found inspiration in a stock car race that Bill France had promoted in South Carolina before the formation of NASCAR. The story goes that Staley and his partners ran out of money to create their perfect oval, leaving the track with an uphill slope on the backstretch, and a downhill slope to the finish. Such was born one of the most unique short tracks in NASCAR history, a .625-mile oval that hosted the premier Cup Series twice a year until 1996. From the second that last checkered flag fell, race fans have clamored for the return of North Wilkesboro, and now they’ll get their chance to actually drive it on iRacing. The track has been digitally restored to its 1987 state, giving iRacers the opportunity to go back in time and relive the iconic North Carolina short track as it existed in its heyday.
- Add a piece of history to your iRacing content! Purchase North Wilkesboro Speedway from the iRacing Store.
- Several vehicle setups have been updated for this track.
iRacing is a subscription-based racing simulation online video game available on Windows PC via Steam.