Squad Beta Update 19.4 Patch Notes Revealed
Developer and publisher Offworld Industries has rolled out a new update for the tactical FPS video game Squad. The new squad update carries beta patch version 19.4 which aims to fix the issues and bugs in the game.
It’s been almost 5 years since the beta phase of the game begins and it seems the developer needs more time to officially launch it. Well, beta testing is a good thing for a video game to address all the possible issues before the launch.
On May 15th, Offworld has released the latest Squad update 19.4 to address some issues in the game such as client performance, random game crashes, and other issues Intel Xeon CPUs.
Apart from that, the patch also brings more stability and performance improvements. To know more about what has been changed, check out the detailed changelog below.
Squad Update 19.4 Patch Notes
- Fixed a client performance issue related to maps using power/telephone cable causing a drop in FPS on Manic-5, Nanisivik, and other maps using the blueprint.
- Fixed formatting and characters in the server browser. (Welcome back, apostrophes!)
- Fixed a crash that happened when a client had music volume set to 0% and then reduced global volume below 10%.
- Fixes for WheelFX, UGL smoke optimization, as well as mortar smoke, and smoke overdraw optimization.Fixed Vehicle Smoke Canister (Curtain) FX visibility beyond 40 meters.
- Fixed Vehicle Smoke Generator and Vehicle Smoke Canister creating an unintended suppression effect.
- Improvements to the ability to push client updates without the need for servers to update.
- Increased FTL spotted marker limit from 1 to 3.
Squad is available on Windows PC via Steam.